The next MAKO Masters Golf Tournament will be February 22, 2019!
More details will be provided soon. Please check back!
The annual MAKO Masters Golf Tournament takes place in January. All proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit Vista del Mar Elementary and Middle Schools.
We are down to crunch time for the MAKO Masters, Ball Drop, and Auction. Please participate in one or all three of these events (deadlines below highlighted in yellow). Help your kids classroom win a Kona Ice party, buy something nice for yourself, or take a day to golf with friends. See below for details on each part of the event. Thanks in advance for being awesome and supporting your child and VdM!
MAKO Masters at Talega Course – REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY
Gather your foursome and join us on Friday, January 26th for a round of golf. No golf experience necessary. This is a fun event that will likely sell out. Scramble best ball format with lunch provided. Opportunity to win a car with a hole-in-one!! Do not miss this fun day on the course with current friends or new ones. Buy online today before time runs out.
All proceeds from MAKO Masters, Ball Drop and Auction are invested back into VdM.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or interest in sponsorship.
Talega Golf Club
Friday, January 26th 2018
10:00am – Shotgun Start / Scramble
4:00pm – Helicopter Ball Drop
5pm – Winners Announced / Auction Closes
Win a New Car courtesy of Allen Cadillac, GMC and Hyundai of Laguna Niguel in the Hole in One Contest.
- All golfers have a chance to win prizes in a closest to the pin, longest drive, and putting contest.
- Every golfer will receive a swag bag from our sponsors.
- Lunch generously provided by Humphrys.
Golf Ball Drop – REGISTRATION DEADLINE Mid Day FRIDAY
Helicopter Golf Ball Drop – (Would be amazing for the school if everyone could purchase/sell at least one ball)
The classroom that sells the most golf balls for the helicopter ball drop can win a KONA ICE Party (see rules).
Golf balls are $10/each.
Each participant has an opportunity to win:
- VdM Parking Space for entire 2018-2019 school year. You want this!!! One $10 ball could win you parking in the lot for a year!
- Xbox One S 500 GB, 2 Xbox wireless controllers, 3 months Xbox game pass membership
- 55″ Flat Screen TV compliments of Day, Day and Brown Attorneys at Law
- Four Big Air Trampoline Park passes
- V’s Barbershop $60 giftcard and product
- Roclord Family Portrait Session, $825 value
- Surfboard and $150 towards Walking on Water surf camp
- Orangetheory Fitness VIP Kit (5 sessions, duffle bag, water bottle, and towel), $250 value
- Wahoo’s $50 gift basket
And other great prizes!!
Kona Ice Party Rules:
- Classroom must sell 50 golf balls to qualify
- Purchase via www.makofoundation.org (all orders already turned in via printed form or online will be counted towards competition). Payment must be received by 1/18 for purchase to count toward Kona Ice Party. However, golf balls can be purchased online until 1/23.
- Balls purchased at Friday Flag will also count toward classroom total
- View complete rules and disclaimer
Golf Ball Drop Rules
Prizes include Parking Spot, XBox, Chromebook, Big Air Passes and more
All Proceeds Benefit the Vista del Mar Elementary and Middle School
The Mako Masters Golf Ball Drop will take place on Friday, January 26th, 2018 at Talega Golf Course, weather and circumstances permitting. Participants may enter more than once. After purchase, participants will be provided access to see their golf ball number assignment. All purchased golf balls will be individually numbered based on the ticket number that corresponds with their individually numbered golf ball. Purchasers must be 21 years old or older at the time of purchase. All golf ball purchases are final and non-refundable. By entering the Golf Ball Drop, the purchaser acknowledges that he or she is aware of, and agrees to abide by, The Golf Ball Drop Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of golf balls sold, as well as where they land when dropped.
In one, over the top-moment, hundreds of individually numbered golf balls will rain down, quickly filling the hole. The three participants whose numbered golf balls go into the hole or fall closest to the hole will win these prizes.
Winner Need Not Be Present To Win
If multiple balls go in the hole, the ball at the bottom of the hole will be determined the winner. If no ball goes in the hole, then the ball landing closest to the hole will be the winner. The next closest to the hole will be determined 2nd Place, the next 3rd and the next 4th.. The ball closest to the hole will be determined by measuring in a straight line from the center of the hole to the ball. Decisions by pre-selected Golf Ball Drop Judges will be final and binding. The winners will be announced at the awards banquet of the Mako Masters on January 26th, 2018. Winners not present will be notified by phone, mail or email based on contact information supplied. If a winner cannot be located or fails to claim prize within ten (10) days after notification, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Decisions of contest judges are final.
Auction – Ends midday on 1/26
Bid now on the following items and MORE. Remember every dollar raised benefits our school. Visit VdM Auction Website – Click HERE now for complete details.
- BEST Friend Large Lockers (next to each other) for 2018-2019 school year. One set for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- Quack Quack – Anaheim Ducks jersey signed by current team
- Look at Me Now Mom and Dad – CircusTrix OC Birthday Party
- IPL Photo Facial – DermFx IPL Photo Facial and basket
- SeaWorld (4 – 1 day admission tickets to SeaWorld San Diego)
- The Arts Project of OC Summer Mini Musical Camp, new students only
- Culinary Tasting Tour – Inka Mama’s exclusive dining experience for four. Each course will be paired with a wine or beer that is as diverse as the cuisine.
- OrangeTwist – 2 Coolsculpting mini cycles, 4 Clear + Brilliant Treatments
- Breathtaking Skin – Rodan and Fields Hydration Serum, Anti Age Set, Wrinkle Filler, Microdermabrasion Paste, Lip Serum, Retinol Face Serum, $50 gift card and more!
- Birthday and Burritos – OC Arts Project Birthday Party for 12 (new students only, choose paint, dance or art) and 2 Baja Fresh Burrito Packs
- Get your Style On – Nordstrom Shopping Experience complete with private styling with Annie Gendreau, Tilly d’Hermes Fragrance, lunch for 2 and $25 giftcard. Great Mother/Daughter Day!
- Del Mar Thoroughbred Club – Del Mar Race Track Admission for 2018 summer season for four
- Facial Aesthetic Concepts – Basket, $500 gift card and products (Multi-complex Night Cream, Replenishing Sunblock, O2 Lift Mask, and Gentle Anti-oxidant Cleanser).
- Local History and Dining – Casa Romantica (family membership, 2 guest passes, 1 member night pass, 1 casa concert or program), Mission San Juan Capistrano Family Membership and $100 gift card to Nicks San Clemente
- OC Family Day – Cheesecake Factory ($50 Gift Card). Boomers! (eight mini golf passes), Discovery Cube (4 passes), and Irvine Lanes (4 $15 passes).
- Coffee Lover – Aspect Roasters (4 – 8 oz Bags of flavored coffee, mug, and hat)
- One Hour Massage, Carrie Tuomi
- Open Mind Modalities Acupuncture
- Orangetheory Fitness VIP Kit (5 sessions, duffle bag, water bottle, and towel)
- Botox – Dr. Stefani Kappel, 30 units
- Woobie Designs Hats (2 adults, 1 child trucker hat)
- Oakley Golf (red backpack, Chainlink polished black iridium sunglasses, 3 golf shirts, Realize light weight jacket, and Oakley board shorts)
- Oakley Snow (Highline 3-in1 jacket size large, snow socks size large, flannel shirt, Highline pant size large, 3 tee shirts, and Oakley duffle bag).
- Oakley/Fox Sports Apparel Pack (Frogskins polished black sunglasses, Dakine backpack, Oakley hoodie, 2 Oakley shirts, 2 Oakley board shorts size 34, and 3 Fox tee shirts).
- Homerun – Ballpark Pizza is offering pizza and drinks for 12 kids
- Mans Best Friend – Yark dog collar and leash for medium sized dog plus two bags of treats and small toy
- Lost Winds Tasting – Two people can enjoy 6 different styles of beer (5 ounces each) plus a beer tender to walk through the tasting notes and details
- Talega Golf Club – Swing Analysis by Randy Chang
- Talega Golf Club – Twosome Monday – Thursday
- BEST Friend Regular Lockers (next to each other) for 2018-2019 school year. One set for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
“Max Bid” and “Buy It Now” available at Auction Website –
There are a variety of exciting sponsorship opportunities!
Please Contact Event Chair McKenzie Law at 714-914-2844, Mckenzielaw@sbcglobal.net
Checks can be made out to the Mako Educational Foundation. Completed forms and payment can be submitted to the front office or returned to: PO Box 74982. San Clemente, 92673.
Please return form and payment by Thursday, January 11th 2018