About The Mako Foundation
What is the Vista del Mar MAKO Foundation?
The MAKO Foundation is a 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation founded in 2005 to focus on raising funds for Vista del Mar to provide programs and items that otherwise would go unfunded.
Why is a Foundation needed?
The Foundation raises funds to enhance, enrich, supplement and complement programs and activities for the children’s education so principals and teachers can continue to strive for the highest quality education.
How will the MAKO Foundation help my child?
By walking into school today your child will benefit from:
Vista del Mar Elementary School:
- Computer Lab Instructor
- Expanded Playground
- Instructional Aides at EVERY Grade Level
- Multipurpose Room Technology Upgrade
- State of the Art Computer Lab
- Elmo Document Cameras & Projectors in Every Class
Vista del Mar Middle School:
- 2 Computer Labs & Library Computers
- Common Core thru History Day Support
- Elmo Document Cameras & LCD Projectors
- Field Trips
- Fastt Math, Fraction Nation, Brain Pop, & Ultra KEY
- Homework Club
How will the MAKO Foundation help the school overall?
The Foundation’s mission statement is Maximizing Academics, Knowledge, and Opportunity for all the MAKOS at Vista del Mar!
The MAKO Foundation will continue to enhance and support the critically important areas of academics, art, music, physical education programs, and student scholarship awards.
How does the MAKO Foundation raise funds?
- MAKO Monster Mash – October 25th!
- MAKO Gala Event – February 8th, 2014!
- MAKO Challenge – March 21st, 2014!
How can YOU help the MAKO Foundation?
- Membership – Join Today! Currently we have 350 members
- Does your company have a matching plan?
- Donate to the Gala Event Auction
- Like us on Facebook
- Attend the events